For a while my friends and I were talking about the Calvi On The Rocks festival. And the good news was that this year I was invited by Schweppes. We stayed 48 hours in Calvi which is way too short to really enjoy the celebration. But I was so grateful to be part of it. During the day there were all kinds of beach parties and at night concerts and entertainment took place at the citadel. If you would be interested in going next year, be prepared. Because the destination is really popular, it’s highly recommended to book months in advance.
So what did I exactly do during my 48 hours at Calvi On The Rocks?
Saturday, July 9th
- Arrival at 3:00 PM and chill time at hôtel Abbaye. The hotel was very well located, nearby the port & the citadel.
- 4:00 PM: From the port, we took a zodiac to Villa Schweppes. One word: so cool! The beach reminded me MTV the Grind. Ripped guys and hot girls were showing off their bodies and dancing. People were laughing, teasing each other and waiting patiently for a Strawberry Mojito. And my homie Uncle T was playing some great old school R’n B joints!
- 6:30 PM: We headed back to the hotel. And thanks to our yellow bracelet there was no need to stand in the line.
- 8:30 PM: Rooftop Party at hôtel Mariana.
10:30 PM: Calvi On The Rocks in the fortress, performances, entertainment, great local food, YUMMIE!!
- 1:00 AM: Bed time.
Sunday, July 10th
- 10:30 AM: My friend and I had breakfast after a good night’s sleep.
- 12:00 PM : Pre-party at the pool with the team of Brussels-based speakeasy bar Jalousy.
- 2:30 PM: We attended the set of DJ Attar at the Octopus beach which is part of the festival.
- 4:00 PM: Back to Villa Schweppes where an upcoming Australian group, Parcels, was performing.
- 8:45: Barbecue with friends.
- 11:00 PM: Final game of the European World Cup where the Portugese player EDER prevails over the french team.
- 00:30 AM: Dance moves all night long on the songs of Breakbot, Martin Solveig and Busy P end up the night on a high note.
6:00 AM Bed time.
Monday, July 11th
- 10:30 AM : We had breakfast again…
- 3:00 PM: Take off 🙁
Monsieur Moustache from WECANDANCE, the most fashionable and eco friendly festival in Belgium, deejayed at the Villa Schweppes the day we had to leave. It looks like they had a good time on social media. So next time I’ll be staying longer for sure because I was sad to miss this set!