Now… What exactly is a paradox? It’s a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and is yet perhaps true.
If you still have no clue of what we’re talking about… Maybe you will clearly recognize yourself in one of these paradoxical statements:
– You like change and you like routine
– You want to live somewhere else but there’s no place like home
– You have a lot of confidence and you’re constantly in doubt
– You like to connect and to be disconnected
– You like to be alone and hate to feel lonely
Still no clue? Let’s have a look at these 5 well-known paradoxes everyone gets do deal with even though you might not fully realize it.
1. The more something frightens you, the more you should face it
With this one it’s important not to misunderstand the message. It has nothing to do with seeking danger. Sometimes small, simple things in life can frighten us. Like calling a friend you just had a huge fight with or asking that cute guy / girl out on a date. You definitely don’t have to rush into things but standing along the sideline won’t bring you nowhere. Sometimes you need to face your fears in order to move forward.