We think it’s very clear now, the monochrome trend will never go out of style. From Copenhagen to Paris our favorite street style stars have worn the trend in inspiring ways. But there’s always a style trick or two they won’t tell you. We’re onto them and we’re spilling the tea.
The general style trick is to updress or downdress your monochrome look. Add a leather cowboy boot or try color blocking those are a few things you can do to spice things up a bit. However, to do it right, you have to see it. Proof, the fashion crowd is going for it.
Here are a few tips on how to wear the monochrome trend this fall 2018:
– suit up
– go oversized (or go home)
– diversify with a custom, vintage or designer piece
– play with various fabrics (leather, PVC, wool and more)
– practice the art of color blocking
– select the right shoes (cowboy boots are a win)
– add your it-bag du moment to the mix
– don’t forget the stunner shades
SHOP IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE:
Kwaidan Editions faux leather biker trousers via Matchesfashion.com
Joseph printed leather ankle boots via MYTHERESA
Masscob wool blend blazer via Matchesfashion.com
Louis Vuitton new wave chain bag via LouisVuitton